VoIP Counselling via Skype and Whatsapp Calling
VoIP, which stands for Voice over the Internet Protocol, is the technology used to transmit voice communication over the internet. VoIP Skype Counselling, also known as Counselling via Skype is similar to Telephone Counselling, the difference is that the calls are conducted via the internet using Skype online messenger. The messenger may be installed on your phone, tablet, laptop or desktop. Whatsapp Counselling takes place using a smartphone app that facilitates voice chat via the internet. All Skype and Whatsapp calls are free wherever you are in the world.
How can Counselling via Skype or Whatsapp calling help?
VoIP Skype Counselling and Whatsapp Therapy bring the personal voice into sessions, this can help build a trusting counselling relationship. Talking things out, offloading and being heard can bring a sense of relief. It's not every day that we get to speak about ourselves, you might not want to worry friends or family, perhaps you believe they won't understand or that they will judge you. Sometimes we need a point of view from someone who is outside of our lives. The service allows you to address your problem, be it past or current and your concerns about the future. If there's anything that's affecting you it's worth exploring. Our qualified and experienced VoIP Counsellors can assist you to manage your situation and work on changing how you see it.
Technology has advanced, many clients have Skype or Whatsapp on their smartphone with unlimited data. You can have your VoIP Counselling session while walking in the park, on the way home from work, or by connecting via wifi while overseas or relaxed at home.
Some clients may have a disability or little time to attend a face to face appointments, VoIP counselling is a flexible and convenient form of Telehealth. If you are shy or experience increased anxiety, during face to face therapy, you may find VoIP more comfortable as it is via voice calls. We provide instant messenger as well, which is interactive but without voice, using text. You can also use our email counselling service, it allows you to be in control of your session times. No need to be booking appointments as you can submit an email at any time. We offer the choice to switch, you can try different services and select what works best for you. Click to learn more about our email counselling service.
Why should I choose VoIP Skype Counselling or Whatsapp Calling sessions?
- Available worldwide.
- You can talk openly and express yourself verbally rather than through written word.
- You hear the voice of your Online Counsellor; this can be very calming in times of distress.
- You do not have to type.
- The service can be accessed from the comfort of your own home.
- There are no calling charges; this is particularly beneficial to our overseas clients.
- Convenience - you may be housebound due to disability, caring for small children/elderly parents or have no support system to enable you to spend time away from home.
- If you travel often, you still have access.
- Allows expatriates to access English speaking Counsellors while overseas.
- 500 clients in Ontario, Canada were assigned to both face to face and online counselling, they experienced statistically the same clinical outcome and level of patient satisfaction. American Psychiatric Association.
- Learn more about the advantages of Online Counselling via Skype by John Lee, the Editor of 'Choose Help' addiction support. With a Degree in Psychology, for over 5 years John has researched and authored articles and E-Books on Mental Health.
- Read our Reviews and Testimonials.
What do I need to have for a VoIP Skype or Whatsapp Counselling session?
To access the Counselling via Skype you'll need an internet connection. You can use Wi-Fi, a hotspot or data on your device. You will also need a microphone and speakers, both of which may be external or built into your computer, tablet or smartphone.
A messenger ID will be required for Skype, this is your username. For Whatsapp it is your phone number, you will also need the Whatsapp app. The quality of calls for both Skype and Whatsapp can be equally as good as the telephone, the bonus is that there are absolutely no call charges.
Can you explain more about what Skype and Whatsapp are?
Skype is a free international VoIP provider; it provides instant messaging, video calling and voice calls over the internet. It's very popular, works extremely well and is also encrypted. Whatsapp is a popular call and messenger app that you can download on your smartphone. Stable wifi or internet is required to make and receive calls. Both Skype and Whatsapp are encrypted.
VoIP Skype Counselling and Whatsapp Calling Fees and Instructions
1. Select and pay - Choose whether you would like a single session or discount package. Click on a button below and pay. Payments are made via the free and secure payment method PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account as all major debit and credit cards are accepted. Contact us if you wish to pay via online/telephone bank transfer.
2. Submit information - Within 3 days, email us brief details of what you wish to talk about in your session. This could be a couple of sentences about your area of concern, as well as the type and duration of support needed. Please include your Skype ID/Google Hangouts/Whatsapp number, along with a wide range of your day to day availability and preferred dates and time range for your session. The wider the range, the better.
3. Receive reply - You'll be contacted by your Counsellor via email, as soon as possible, to confirm the time to meet online or alternative availability will be provided for you to choose from. Please check your spam/junk folder.
4. Have your session – Your Counsellor will call you at the agreed date and time. We believe in strengthening the counselling bond, you will be supported by the same Counsellor throughout your time with us. This will also save you from having to repeat your story. VoIP sessions are 45 minutes long.
How many VoIP Skype Counselling or Whatsapp Calling sessions should I book? - According to therapeutic guidelines and good practice, counselling is most beneficial with a minimum of 6 - 15 sessions. However, some clients may require mid term support which lasts for 4 months - 1 year or long term psychotherapeutic support for up to 2 years. Most of our new clients follow the suggested minimum amount and initially book 6 VoIP Skype or Whatsapp Counselling sessions and save 10%.