Online Counselling Service
Based in London UK The Online Counselling Service, also known as OCS, offers worldwide 24 hour Online and Telephone Therapy.
OCS was founded by Faith McMoyo, a qualified Psychological Therapist and Counsellor with lengthy experience working with children and adults in social care, the education system and within private practice. Faith was passionate about easily accessible therapy being offered to all, no matter the time or location, 'Counselling whenever, wherever'.
The OCS story
• In 2008 - The Online Counselling Service was launched. Sessions were initially offered to individuals via Email and Instant Messenger. OCS is excited to continue providing and promoting mental health care.
• 2009 - Online Counselling via Skype calls were added for those who prefer to hear the voice of their Counsellor.• 2010 - To meet the demand, Telephone Counselling was offered. This has allowed us to also cater to clients who do not have regular internet access.
• Free E-books and Self-Help Guides were made available to all site visitors. We already offered self-help articles but felt we needed to do more. It was important for everyone to be able to access free materials that they can keep forever.
• 2011 - Student Counselling Services were launched to support young people. Email and Instant Messenger has been the most popular method of Telehealth that students use.
• 2012 - OCS started receiving some requests for therapy from public figures and others in the limelight. There has been an appreciation of our discreet and confidential service. All of our clients can offload about challenges without their stories being retold, sold or leaked.
• 2013 - We celebrated our 5th year!• As of 2015 OCS has been providing Company Counselling Services to organisations and charities.
• Our team of qualified and experienced practitioners has grown steadily. While we are UK based, being online and via the phone has helped us connect with thousands of people around the globe.
• 2017 - We added WhatsApp to our VoIP Calling and Instant Messenger Telehealth options. We try to stay up to date with secure technology and offer as much convenience as possible.
• 2018 - We celebrated our 10th year!
We’re grateful for the opportunity to help make the lives of others more bearable.
• As the public conversation about mental health is becoming quite frequent, more people have reached out for help. We treat a variety of problems.
So many struggle to find someone to listen. It's important that people know a helping hand is within reach. We have been opening up discussions about therapy whenever and whenever we can.
• 2020 - 2021 was a difficult period for everyone due to the Corona Virus Pandemic. We were approached by companies such as cruise ships, care homes, charities providing aid, relief workers and individuals facing illness, bereavement and the anxiety of lockdowns. We were happy to do our bit and provide free support where possible.
• 2022 - So much has happened in the world. There have been health, social justice and political issues that have resulted in split opinions. In our field, we have sadly witnessed the rapid increase in physical illness, anxiety, grief and stress in people’s lives.
• Multicultural Counselling Services were always available at OCS as diversity, equity and inclusion matter to us. We believe in providing culturally sensitive support.
• 2023 - OCS has provided counselling globally for 15 years. We look forward to the future.
• 2024 - We are expanding our services.
We’re excited about our continued work with individuals and companies, we hope to build more relationships with charity organisations.
If you need support feel free to contact us.
Learn more about us...What makes The Online Counselling Service different?
We are always available
We understand that problems can arise at any time, we're here to help you when they do, 7 days a week.
We are easily accessible
There are no tricky apps to download or long forms to fill. You are given direct access to your Counsellor in between sessions. Carla and Pat, from the OCS Admin Team, are always available to quickly respond to questions and provide information about the service.
We are trusted
Our first client is still our client! Even after all these years, people still return to us to get the support they know they can trust. Some clients have come back every now and then for sessions when life's challenges become too much. Whether it's the death of a loved one, relationship break ups or problems at work, they know they're welcome and we are more than willing to help.
All of our Counsellors have had Therapy as part of their study and personal development. We know what it's like to be the client, some of us have experienced the initial feeling of vulnerability. We have shown that understanding by creating a non-judgmental atmosphere where clients are shown compassion and kindness. It’s important that you are comfortable, so you feel safe to open up, this enhances the therapeutic process.
Many Therapists started conducting virtual sessions, due to lockdown restrictions, during the Covid-19 Pandemic of 2020-2022. Luckily, many people had access to therapy. A lot of professionals expressed that the sudden transition from face to face was very difficult, this was not the case for OCS as we have been conducting online and telephone sessions since 2008. It was not something we had no choice in or felt pressured to do abruptly, we actually intended to support clients this way.
We truly value feedback
Our clients highlighted the need for Therapy with the same Counsellor. We want you to feel secure so we don't pass you around to a new person each session. You can work with the same Counsellor throughout your time with us. This also strengthens the therapeutic bond and saves you from repeating your story. Your feedback helps us to provide an even better service, your thoughts and opinions matter.
We respect your right to choose
In most cases, we recommend weekly sessions, but we don't enforce it as we recognise that every situation is different. We want our clients to know that they have full control of making decisions. Based on the scope of the problem, some clients opt to have a Counselling session weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or as and when needed. The choice is yours. We are here for you no matter what you decide.
We are flexible and convenient
We have several online and telephone options that you can access from anywhere. You can switch between devices and services.
OCS noticed that many people didn’t have easy access to affordable help. We wanted counselling to be available to all and include those who:
- Are housebound
- Have little time to commute
- Work unsocial hours
- Wanting a choice of session styles
- Provide childcare or carer duties
- Have physical challenges or disabilities
- Travel, live or work overseas
- Are affected by anxiety or agoraphobia
- Find face to face sessions daunting
- Want to choose where they have a session
- In the limelight or needing to stay anonymous.
OCS also caters to:
- Therapists with some of the above-mentioned needs, who require flexible working opportunities.
- Marginalised groups, who may have previously felt unwelcomed in therapy settings.
- Companies and charities needing counselling for their employees and members.
- People of all beliefs, abilities, sexual orientations, countries of origin, cultures, races and genders.
- Clients from all over the world.
- We support Multicultural Therapy
Over the years, The Online Counselling Service is proud to have formed a close connection with CSG - The Counselling Service Group. CSG specialise in Therapist Training and Development, face to face counselling and home visits.
We are compassionate
Every person is unique, shaped by their personal and past experiences. We treat every client with kindness and mindful compassion for whatever their experiences may have been.
Whether you're a client or not, we offer free support tools to all, we have several Free Self-help material for you. Your mental and emotional well-being is important to us.
The relationship we have with clients is important. The rapport, understanding and trust that is built matters. We promise to listen, not judge and respect your privacy. We will do the best we can for you.
Read The Online Counselling Service Reviews.
• The Psychologists, Counsellors, Psychotherapists and Coaches work at The Online Counselling Service to ensure that clients receive a high standard of care which is ethical, confidential and safe. The Therapists are mainly from the UK with a few from overseas, they are all fully qualified, have at least 5 years of face to face and a minimum of 2 years of online and telephone experience.
• Our Therapists have broad life experience, this better equips them to provide a personal touch with understanding and a natural, warm approach. Most of all, it allows them to relate to their clients who suffer from a wide range of problems.
• All Therapists receive professional supervision. They are subject to regular practice review to ensure consistent standards of quality and conduct are met. Anti-discriminatory practice is promoted, care and compassion are offered to everyone, regardless of their backgrounds.
“We provide a confidential atmosphere where problems can be addressed at any time of the day. We implement various therapeutic approaches. We realise clients have individual issues that require personalised support in a non-judgmental, empathetic way. The Online Counselling Service is committed to finding the most effective ways to help people in distress." OCS
Read our articles about:Understanding Boundaries
Childhood Emotional Neglect
Grief and Loss
Stress Self Esteem & Confidence
Goal Setting and Determination
About Family Therapy
What is Online Therapy?
Psychotherapy or Counselling?
Mental Health at Work
What is Multicultural Therapy?
Healthy and Harmful Apologies
Keep in touch, connect on:Twitter