Instant Messenger Counselling
Instant Messenger Counselling, also known as Instant Chat Counselling, allows the client and counsellor to interact and respond back and forth via text. Sessions take place in 'real-time' via the internet using IM. Communicating with a caring and compassionate Online Therapist can be a tremendous support system during difficult times.
How can Instant Messenger Counselling help?
Instant Messenger Counselling is an excellent resource for swift feedback which can be very comforting for those in need. Being able to let your feelings out and offload your worries can be helpful. With the opportunity to re-read your messages at a later time, you can gain a clearer understanding of your thoughts and actions. You can also monitor your progress. This can help you to implement changes where necessary and create a better quality of life.
Clients may not always have the time to attend face to face therapy. Chatting to our qualified and experienced Online Counsellors via Instant Messenger is flexible. Most clients have apps like Skype, Whatsapp or Google Hangouts on their mobile phone. You can text in the park, while on the bus or in a cab, during a break at work, in a hotel overseas or relaxed at home.
Our clients who have hearing difficulties and those who are housebound have found instant chat messenger counselling to be convenient. If you are shy or experience increased anxiety, during face to face and telephone appointments, you may prefer instant messenger sessions. Email Counselling is also very convenient as you control when you have your session. You can submit emails at any time, no need to book appointments. To use our email counselling service instead, click here
Instant Messenger Counselling benefits:
- Available worldwide.
- You can type a question or comment and receive instant responses.
- Save a copy of your session to review later.
- Can suit you if you prefer not to speak face to face or via the phone.
- Access from home, work, overseas or on the go.
- You only need an internet connection and a messenger ID to chat.
- You may be housebound, caring for small children/elderly parents or unable to spend time away from home.
- Gives you access to the service even when you're on the go.
- Allows expatriates to communicate with British Counsellors while overseas.
- A 4 year John Hopkins University study of close to 100,000 veterans, showed that the number of days that patients were hospitalised dropped by 25% if they chose Online Therapy. These results were slightly better than the number of hospital visits experienced by patients who used face to face counselling.
- Learn more about the benefits of online counselling shared by Sarah Fader, Author, Mental Health Advocate and Founder of Stigma Fighters. Sarah has also been featured in Psychology Today and The Huffington Post.
- Read our Reviews and Testimonials.
What do I need to have for Instant Messenger Counselling?
You have the choice of using a computer, laptop, mobile phone or tablet for your session. To use the service you'll also need a valid Messenger I.D or Whatsapp number. The Online Counselling Service aims to make your experience as comfortable as possible. We make it a point to have text sessions via instant messengers that you're familiar with. We use Google Talk Hangouts, Skype and Whatsapp. These chat systems help Instant Chat Counselling to be secure as they are encrypted.
Instant Messenger Counselling Fees and Instructions
1. Select and pay - Choose whether you would like a single session or discount package. Click on a button below and pay. Payments are made via the free and secure payment method PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account as all major debit and credit cards are accepted. Contact us if you wish to pay via online/telephone bank transfer.
2. Submit information - Within 3 days, email us brief details of what you wish to talk about in your session. This could be up to a couple of sentences about your area of concern, as well as the type and duration of support needed. Please include your Skype ID/Whatsapp number, along with a wide range of your day to day availability and preferred dates and time ranges for your session. The wider the range, the better.
3. Receive reply - You'll be contacted by your Counsellor via email, as soon as possible, to confirm the time to meet online or alternative availability will be provided for you to choose from. Please check your spam/junk folder.
4. Have your session – Your Counsellor will initiate an instant messenger text chat with you at the agreed date and time. We believe in strengthening the counselling bond, you will be supported by the same Counsellor throughout your time with us. This will also save you from having to repeat your story. Instant Messenger sessions are 45 minutes long.
How many Instant Chat counselling sessions should I book? - According to therapeutic guidelines and good practice, Counselling is most beneficial with a minimum of 6 - 15 sessions. However, some clients may require mid term support which lasts for 4 months - 1 year or long term psychotherapeutic support for up to 2 years. Most of our new clients follow the suggested minimum amount and initially book 6 Skype Messenger or Whatsapp Text Counselling sessions and save 10%.