Email Counselling Service
Email Counselling involves the client typing their feelings, problems or concerns and sending them via Email. The assigned Counsellor takes the time to read and respond with a well-thought-out therapeutic reply. No slots times are required so clients can send emails at their own pace, at any time, this provides the opportunity to offload and release thoughts that are cluttering the mind.
How does Email Counselling work?
Email Counselling services are easily accessible, all you need is a personal email address to send and receive. It's very flexible and gives you the time to write about the issue that you require support for. This also means that you can express your thoughts as they occur, rather than waiting for several days until your next appointment. Each session is allocated a therapy hour where your email is read, carefully reviewed and replied to with a therapeutic response. In the counsellor’s reply, you will be provided with support as well as feedback, suggestions or questions.
Typing out your feelings in your own environment can be very healing. At times, opening up to friends and family can be difficult, the issue might be too intimate, we could fear judgement, perhaps we believe they won't understand or they tend to focus on themselves. Sometimes we need insight from someone who is outside of lives. It could also be that we simply don't want to feel like a burden. Email counselling provides you with your own uninterrupted time and space to be free and open, it is a non-judgemental atmosphere of safety.
Clients may not always have the time to attend face to face therapy. Email Counselling allows you to send an email to your Counsellor from anywhere in the world whether you're sitting in the park, on a train journey, during a break at work or while relaxed at home.
Our clients who have hearing difficulties and those who are housebound have found email counselling to be convenient. If you are shy or experience increased anxiety, during face to face appointments, you may prefer email sessions or to text via instant messenger. You can switch at any time or have counselling via the telephone and Skype or Whatsapp calls. You are welcome to try different services and choose what works best for you.
The Benefits of Counselling via Email
- Available worldwide, 24 hours a day.
- Sessions securely conducted via encrypted email.
- No need to book a slot, just pay and send your email.
- You decide where and when you write to your Email Counsellor and how frequently.
- You have time to consider your situation and put your feelings and thoughts into words.
- Your Email Counsellor has time to carefully consider your problem before replying.
- You have access to a written response that you can re-read and consider before responding.
- There's less pressure to respond to questions or suggestion, as in face to face sessions.
- Accessible whether you are on holiday, at home, on the go, at work or housebound.
- Choose between using a computer, smartphone or tablet for sessions.
- Research from the University of New South Wales and St Vincent's Hospital found that "online treatments are just as effective as face to face Counselling.”
- Read more about the advantages of using email counselling by Dr Greg Mulhauser, who has an educational background in Counselling and Philosophy, he is also the Counselling Resource site founder.
- Read our Reviews and Testimonials.
Will the Email Counsellor ask about my childhood, my past or family dynamics?
Literally, everything that we experience from our birth and into adulthood shapes our perceptions of the world around us. These experiences, shape how we view ourselves and others, how we speak, behave and how we are in relationships.
In some cases, depending on what your issue or problem is and to get a sense of the parenting you received, your past experiences and your childhood, your Counsellor may ask about your childhood, your past and your family dynamics. It is not to assign blame. It's not to necessarily distinguish you or anyone else as "good" or "bad". Instead, the questions are being asked to help you to gain insight into why you are the way you are. They also help you work on or to identify any existing and unresolved trauma. The focus is not just about the past, your Counsellor will address your current situation and your future as well.
Remember, in email counselling sessions, you don't have to write about anything that you do not want to. There is no pressure or force whatsoever. You are the expert of your lived experiences. You are the expert of YOU. A therapist's skill set is to help you access those parts of yourself that are lost, hurt or in need of attention. So step into the power of owning your story and knowing your truth. If words can hurt, words can heal, give email counselling a try.
What should I put in my first email?
You are welcome to type about anything, in the way that you feel comfortable. Many clients like having an opportunity to just let the words come out. To help you get started, you can include your age, relationship status, your interests and a brief history. You can share what your area of concern is, how the problem has affected you and the thoughts and feelings surrounding that. It is your space to share your emotions with your very own caring and compassionate counsellor.
Can I have the same Email Counsellor?
We believe in strengthening the counselling bond, you will be supported by the same qualified and experienced Counsellor throughout your time with us. This will also save you from having to repeat your story.
Our Counselling via Email Service is heavily discounted, you can save 25% off all package service bundles. Discount bundles of 3-9 sessions are valid for 60 days. The 12 session email counselling bundle is valid for 90 days, while the 15 session bundle is valid for an extended 120 days.
Follow 3 quick steps to have Counselling via Email - Pay, Send and Receive.
1. Pay via PayPal, debit, credit card or pre-arranged bank transfer.
2. Send your issue/problem via email.
3. Receive a therapeutic response as soon as possible.
Email Counselling Fees and Instructions
- Click on a button below, select a single session or discount package. Make your payment securely or contact us to pay via online/telephone bank transfer.
- You'll receive a reply as soon as possible. Ensure you check your spam/junk folder for a response.
*You may have read in the media that the older Hotmail and Yahoo accounts, at times, have issues receiving and sending email. There are reports of emails from business addresses being delayed or blocked. So you may wish to use or sign up for the more stable and secure Gmail, we recommend it for email counselling.
- How many Email Counselling sessions should I book? - According to therapeutic guidelines and good practice, counselling is most beneficial with a minimum of 6 - 15 sessions. However, some clients may require mid term support which lasts for 4 months - 1 year or long term psychotherapeutic support for up to 2 years. Most of our new clients follow the suggested minimum amount and initially book 6 sessions and save 10%.