We may decline use of our service or suggest alternative support if we feel that we cannot support you, either due to the nature of your problem, our client lists being full - lack of a therapist to suit your specific need, or if you are suicidal. Where possible we may suggest alternative support or face to face therapy. Your well being is of paramount importance and you deserve to receive support that is best suited to fit your needs.
This website is provided by The Online Counselling Service for the purpose of providing Online and Telephone Counselling, Psychotherapy and Coaching. The service is for anybody who would like to receive counselling or coaching, as long as the client is able to understand and acknowledge what is involved in this service and is willing to co-operate and follow the terms and conditions.
This website contains information and links to other websites which are external to The Online Counselling Service. The Online Counselling Service takes careful consideration when adding links to this website. It is the user's responsibility to acknowledge the necessary appropriateness of information contained in other external sites.
The Online Counselling Service holds no liability if connection with the website becomes unavailable. The Online Counselling Service does not accept any liability for any injury, loss, costs, damage or false information given to receive counselling from external websites linked to this website. The Online Counselling Service holds no responsibility to a user's telephone, a user's computer system, tablet, software data or technical difficulty occurring in connection to this website. The Online Counselling Service holds no responsibility and holds no liability in regard to any computer viruses or corruption to any individual client's computer or device.
Hours of Service
This service is a 24 hour service - meaning that payments and bookings can be made online at any time. Sessions can also be booked for any time in the 24 hour day, as long as that slot has not already been filled. If your requested slot is unavailable a list of alternative dates/times will be provided for you to choose from. All session slots do need for the time and date to pre-arranged (apart from the email counselling service where you can submit emails at any time). Out of business hours admin and inquiry support is also available.
Communication methods for email and counselling sessions
We ask that you either add our contact email addresses to your email contacts, also check your spam/junk folder for any correspondence.
You may have read in the media that the older Hotmail and Yahoo accounts do at times have issues receiving/sending email. We advise that use or sign up for the more stable and secure Gmail. We use Google talk/messenger/hangouts and Skype for instant chat counselling sessions. Skype is also used for voip sessions. Both UK landline and mobile/cellular phone numbers are accepted for Telephone Counselling.
*If you are overseas you may wish to use Skype as it is free to make/receive calls.
Free E-books and Articles
All material is free for clients and site visitors. E-books and articles are available to provide information only. For tailor made support use our professional Counselling Service and receive therapy from a qualified Therapist.
We believe in strengthening the Counselling bond, you will be supported by the same Counsellor throughout your time with us. This will also save you from having to repeat your story
Instant chat messenger, Skype VoIP and Telephone sessions last for 50 minutes.
Skype VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) sessions are via voice calling only - not webcam/video calling.
Email exchanges are charged per 1000 words.
While therapy sessions provide the space for clients to work through difficult feelings and emotions, Counsellors will not accept threatening or abusive behaviour towards them. Such behaviour may result in the session ending and the client being liable for the full session cost. Click the links to gain a deeper understand of what Counselling and Coaching sessions involve.
Clients and site visitors are not permitted to attempt to damage the website in any way through the introduction of viruses, trojans, trolls, or any form of malicious or harmful technology. Details of any breach of this will be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
Threatening or abusive behaviour towards Counsellors and Admin staff can result in sessions and use of the service being paused or terminated.
We require that all clients ensure that full payment is made before booking sessions times and/or dates. We respect your privacy and do not request any private financial information. Payment is to be made via PayPal, this is the preferred and most secure payment gateway. You do not need to have a Paypal account to do this as all major credit and debit cards are accepted via Paypal. Sessions can also be paid for via pre-arranged direct deposit and online or telephone banking. You may contact us to arrange this.
Companies, organisations and charities using BACS payment system to pay for therapy, for their members and employees will have 14 days for invoices to be fully paid. Late fees do apply. No VAT is currently being charged on any services.
Discounts and offers are available to all users. Special offers may only be available for a limited time and can be withdrawn at any time. We currently offer all clients up to 25% off all services.
Company discounts are available to members of a company, charity or organisation. This discount requires a reference code visit the Company Services page for more details.
We also provide student discount offers. We request that all clients using the discounted student services photograph/scan a current student I.D in their name (current college or university academic year) and email it to us.. Failure to do this will result in the student discount offer being withdrawn and the client will receive the regular amount of sessions at the regular fee. Students who do not verify their status can still benefit from the discounts offers which are available to everyone.
We are happy to accept preferred session times/dates and we aim to ensure that sessions are booked at a time most convenient for the client. However, requested sessions slots are provided subject to availability.
As the service is very much in demand, when requesting an initial time/date for a session clients should submit all required information as well as their general availability. We request that clients book as much in advance as possible and provide multiple availability time frames to ensure convenient times/dates are available. The Online Counselling Service has many clients and operates on a first book first serve basis.
After selecting a service and making a payment, clients who have selected the email counselling service may email their issue/problem to our assigned Email Counsellor. Each email session is allocated a therapy hour, where your email is read, carefully reviewed and replied to with a therapeutic response. All emails are replied to in order of when they were received, so the possibility that there are other client emails ahead of yours is always there as we receive several client emails a day. A response is given anywhere between 12 – 96 hours depending on demand and the order received.
Clients who have selected and paid for the instant chat, voip or telephone sessions are to contact us via email to request their preferred session date and time. Clients should also include the appropriate information to conduct their session, ie brief details of their issue, messenger i.d, telephone number etc. Clients will then receive a welcome email from their Counsellor which will also include confirmation of their session date and time, or an alternative list of available session slots that the client may select from.
Existing clients, may book session times and dates directly with their assigned Counsellor. We request that you make your payment then contact your Counsellor for availability.
Existing clients may also book their next appointment during a session with their Counsellor. We ask that you ensure that you make your payment immediately, on that day.
*If during your session you request a date/time for your next session but do not make your payment, or contact us to cancel your reservation, you're still liable to make payment as the slot was allocated to you. This means another client would be unable to have a session with your Counsellor at that time. It also has a major effect on the Therapist's time which could have been spent supporting someone else, or they could have been able to be off from work.
Discount Bundles - All Counselling and Coaching bundles of 3-9 sessions, including those for existing clients, new clients and students are valid for 60 days. The 12 session bundle is valid for 90 days and the 15 session bundle is valid for an extended period of 120 days.
New clients who've purchased 1 Email Counselling session only:
After making a payment for 1 session you should submit your email of your problem/issue within 3 days. If you do not submit your email within that time period the session will become invalid as our systems hold un-registered client's data for up to 72 hours.
New clients who've purchased 1 Instant Chat, Telephone or VoIP session only:
After making your payment for 1 session, you should contact us within 3 days with the necessary information to complete your booking. If you have not made contact within that time period your session will become invalid as our systems hold un-registered client's data for up to 72 hours.
New clients who've purchased 1 Email, Instant Chat, Telephone or VoIP session and have made contact within 3 days:
If you have made initial contact within the specified time frame and have also received a welcome email from us regarding your booking date/time you will have a further 4 days to respond to our welcome email to confirm your booking. If you have not made contact within that time period your session will become invalid as our systems will no longer have a hold of your data as you will not be a fully registered client.
There are no refunds for invalid or expired sessions.
It is very important and a matter of mutual respect that you keep your appointments. All clients need to understand from the outset that we are unable to fit another client into your missed appointment slot at short notice. If for any reason you need to cancel/reschedule an appointment you will need to provide us with at least 8 hours notice. Any cancellations with less than 8 hours notice are chargeable for the full session fee. Being unavailable for any session without informing us will also incur the full fee for the session you have booked.
We request that you are available for your session at least 5 - 10 minutes before the agreed time. Please ensure that your status is set to online/available if you are using the instant chat or voip service. If you are using the phone service ensure that your phone is not engaged, disconnected or switched off.
Sessions start right on time, our system is computerised and all online and telephone sessions start at the exact agreed time. If you will be late in any way contact your Counsellor via email before your session time. If you have not contacted your Counsellor prior to your session and are late, offline, engaged, away or unavailable at the exact agreed session time our automated tool, which is computerised and linked to an internal system that manages bookings will automatically cut your Counsellor off from the instant chat, voip or telephone session, after which you will receive and automated email cancellation notifying you that you have incurred the full fee for the session.
- You agree that you are at least 18 years old.
- You agree that you are not experiencing a suicidal crisis and are not as risk of harming yourself or anyone else.
- You agree that online and telephone services may not be as effective for all individuals. Thus, The Online Counselling Service reserves the right to choose whether or not to work with you online or by telephone. We will work with you only if we feel that you are a suitable client. If, during our work together, we discover that you may not benefit from our online or telephone services, we will discuss this with you and suggest that you seek alternative mental health professionals in your local area.
- You agree and understand that the effectiveness of Counselling and Coaching depends on the investment of time and energy you are willing to make. Generally speaking, the more you invest in it, the more you will get out of it.
- You understand and agree that the therapeutic relationship depends largely on your input in solving your problems.
- You agree and understand that Counselling can be challenging, as uncomfortable emotions and thoughts can arise as part of the treatment process.
- You agree that The Online Counselling Service cannot be held responsible for providing services to you in the event of a crisis or emergency situation. While we will do our best to continue to provide services as appropriate if a crisis or emergency develops during our work together, you may need to contact the appropriate emergency services.
- You understand that as detailed on the website, after making your payment it is your responsibility to contact us within the specified time frame to book your session time/date.
- You understand that we are happy to accept your preferred session times/date at the time of booking but your requested sessions slots are provided subject to availability. You will receive confirmation email with session time/date details or alternative times or dates will be provided for you to select from.
- You understand that The Online Counselling Service cannot guarantee a positive Counselling or Coaching outcome, even though we are hopeful that our work together will be of help to you.
- You agree and understand that once purchased, all session fees are non-refundable, including when you have not fully complied with new client registration/booking, or have missed or been late for a session.
- You agree that you are seeking our services for personal Counselling or personal Coaching and that you are not using any of our services to undertake research for either private use, use for study/projects/assignments of any kind private or public, or in an educational or training capacity, or for publication, or to plagiarise any of our material.
- You agree that your participation in our counselling and coaching services may only be shared for your personal therapeutic benefit. You agree that your participation will not be shared for any other reason or in any form, be it, recordings, transcripts, copying or reporting of or on the experience, your impressions thereof, surveillance and any other use of the session, verbal or otherwise.
- You understand and agree that as a new, former or current client you are bound by the terms and conditions.
- You understand that all special offers can be withdrawn or modified at any time.
- You understand and agree that it is your responsibility to stay up to date with the Terms and Conditions.
- You understand and agree that any use of free self help material, recommended books, Cd’s or Dvd’s are not a replacement for professional therapy or diagnosis.
- You agree and understand that it is your responsibility to acknowledge the appropriateness of information contained in the self help material. While The Online Counselling Service takes careful consideration when sharing self help material, we cannot be held accountable for any misguided content contained within free E-books, Cd’s or Dvd’s.
- You agree that if you are disconnected during a session that you will email your Counsellor as soon as possible and also check your inbox for correspondence from them.
- You agree that if you do not hear from your Counsellor at the agreed session time you will email/text them within 5 minutes of the agreed session time.
- You understand that we do not hold any liability for technological glitches that can take place with instant chat or voip sessions neither reception issues with mobile phones. You understand that we do not hold any liability for emails that we've sent and due to the recipients technological errors or device issues are unable to be received. You understand that we are not responsible for issues with Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, Live and other email account delays, errors or downtime which cause problems with you sending/receiving emails. However any glitch or mishap on our part will not be at the client’s loss - clients will receive all of the session time which they have paid for.
- You permanently agree to release and indemnify The Online Counselling Service from all suits, law suits, claims and actions originating from Counselling, Psychotherapy and Coaching provided through The Online Counselling Service.
The material on this website is the Copyright of The Online Counselling Service, All rights reserved.